Many of us have bad breath or fear the embarrassment of having stinky breath and not knowing it. Some foods are bad for bad breath like garlic and onions because they contain oils which are carried through the bloodstream to your lungs. When you breath out, the stinky leftovers are exhaled. The good news is just like there are bad foods to eat, there are also good foods. Good foods can actually mask the stinky breath. Here are some foods that will temporarily mask the bad smell.
Foods that can help mask bad breath include:
- Parsley. Parsley is one of the most effective natural ways to combat bad breath. The magic to its success come from the oils that are contained in the Parsley. Also herbs like cinnamon and spearmint can also work against bad breath.
- Green tea. Green tea is another bad breath buster. It contains catechin which is a powerful antioxidant that fights against bacteria, thus reducing odors caused by bacteria.·
- Yogurt. Some studies have been conducted and have determined that certain cultures in yogurt help to reduce bad breath. ·
- Apples and pears. “Fruits also help to produce saliva, which helps to revitalize the natural balance of the mouth and wash down odor causing bacteria.
- Oranges. Oranges or really any fruit that is high in vitamin C is helpful to combat odor causing bacteria. It also helps prevent gum disease. ·
- Celery, Carrots, & Nuts. Crunchy foods are also good, they help remove plaque from the teeth and also help to increase saliva production.
- Sugarless Gum. Sugarless Gum masks the odor, but it increases the saliva in your mouth. Saliva helps to wash away the smelly bacteria.
Practice Good Dental Hygiene
Food is really only a temporary solution to any bad breath problem. Most important, practice good oral hygiene. Brush your teeth for at least two minutes twice a day and floss daily. If bad breath is a problem, be sure to brush your tongue as well — that’s where odor-causing bacteria like to live, especially at night when your mouth is dry. Make certain to get regular dental checkups.
One of the best things you can do for your breath, is to practice good dental hygiene. This means brushing after every meal, once every morning, and once before bed. You should also flaws and use a mouth rinse.